Keitaro automatically detects bots by the following attributes:
- IP in the bot database of Keitaro
- IP in the user's list
- UserAgent in the bot database of Keitaro
- Part of UserAgent in the user's list
- Spammers myip.ms in the black list (disabled by default)
- Empty UserAgent
You can change the settings at the page “Maintenance > Settings > Bots”.
How to protect campaign from bots
You need to create a special stream in the campaign.
- Create a stream with the type “Forced” and add the filter “Bots” in the “Allow” mode.
- Сhoose the necessary action. For example, “Show 404 not found”.
How to cloak a website with Keitaro
Read page cloak_a_website.
What types of bots are there in the bot database?
- Bots of search engines: Google, Bing and others;
- Bots of advertising services: Google Adwords, Facebook;
- Bots of ad monitoring systems and disclosing of links.
How to update, and how often are the bot databases updated?
The bot databases are updated on the page “Maintenance > Geo DBs”. Updates are issued 2 times a month.
How to add custom bot list?
At the page “Maintenance > Settings > Bots”, press “Edit list” . You can write IPs and CIDR. Other formats are not supported.
Keitaro optimizes the list. It's okay when uploading 100.000, then you see 50.000 after saving.
What is the signature of bots?
It is a part of UserAgent. For example, for
Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Googlebot/2.1; +http://www.google.com/bot.html) the signature
How to add signature of bots
Open the page Settings > Bots. You can set the signatures separated by commas:
signature1, signature2, ...
How to detect bots through a provider
The provider database is not supplied with Keitaro due to limitations imposed by the Maxmind ISP license agreement.
You can connect the database in two ways:
- Buy the license. Enter the license key at the page “Maintenance > Settings > Integration”.
- Download the GeoISP.dat file manually to the directory
After connecting the database, you can use the “ISP” filter at the streams .