Keitaro automatically detects bots by the following attributes:
- IP in the bot database of Keitaro
- IP in the user's list
- UserAgent in the bot database of Keitaro
- Part of UserAgent in the user's list
- Spammers myip.ms in the black list (disabled by default)
- Empty UserAgent
You can change the settings at the page “Maintenance > Settings > Bots”.
How to protect campaign from bots
You need to create a special stream in the campaign.
- Create a stream with the type “Forced” and add the filter “Bots” in the “Allow” mode.
- Сhoose the necessary action. For example, “Show 404 not found”.
How to cloak a website with Keitaro
Read page cloak_a_website.
What types of bots are there in the bot database?
- Bots of search engines: Google, Bing and others;
- Bots of advertising services: Google Adwords, Facebook;
- Bots of ad monitoring systems and disclosing of links.
How to update, and how often are the bot databases updated?
The bot databases are updated on the page “Maintenance > Geo DBs”. Updates are issued 2 times a month.
How to add bots of the service to your database
Send the identified IP address and the service name to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will find out other IP addresses of this service and add them to the database.
How to extend the list of bots IP
At the page “Maintenance > Settings > Bots”, press “Edit list” . You can write IPs and CIDR. Other formats are not supported.
What is the signature of bots?
It is a part of UserAgent. For example, for
Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Googlebot/2.1; +http://www.google.com/bot.html) the signature
How to add signature of bots
Open the page Settings > Bots. You can set the signatures separated by commas:
signature1, signature2, ...
How to detect bots through a provider
The provider database is not supplied with Keitaro due to limitations imposed by the Maxmind ISP license agreement.
You can connect the database in two ways:
- Buy the license. Enter the license key at the page “Maintenance > Settings > Integration”.
- Download the GeoISP.dat file manually to the directory
After connecting the database, you can use the “ISP” filter at the streams .