To see you campaigns, click the link “Campaign” in top navigation menu. Also, you can enable sidebar by clicking the button at top-left part of the screen.
Campaign purposes are:
- To track effectiveness of ad campaigns in advertising network
- To collect leads from websites
- To make rotation and target banners inside a banner block
There are several ways to connect campaign with traffic sources. For example, to send directly to campaign URL, to paste JS code or PHP code on your websites. More information is on the page Integration.
Creating a Campaign
The name of your campaign.
The alias is used to generate the campaign address. For example, address with the alias “cmpx” will look like this
The group to which the campaign will belong.
If you set a source you can generate reports on this source and you will get a link of the campaign with all the necessary parameters.
Rotation method of streams
Choose an algorithm of streams rotation. In other words, how streams are rotated.
* Without rotation, streams are rotated from the stream in position 1 to the last stream. The transition to the next stream is only possible if the filter conditions rejected the user.
- Split testing, based on the weight of the stream, allows to randomly distribute users. If the stream filters reject the user, a random stream will be re-selected.
Bind visitors to streams
If this option is enabled, users who have already visited the campaign will receive exactly the same result as during the previous visit, for example, they will be send to the same landing page.
If the status is disabled, there is no transition to the streams.
A way for setting the cost of clicks:
- CPC — cost of each click;
- CPuC — cost of only unique clicks.
If the “Auto” option is enabled, the cost of a click will be taken from the “cost” parameter. For example,
&cost=100¤cy=usd. If the “Auto” option is disabled, you have to set costs manually.
Number of hours when a user is considered as unique.
API token is used to gain access to the campaign by Click API v3.
Here you can configure the sending of notifications to third-party services and trackers. To transfer the postback to the traffic source, use the “Postback” option in the source settings.
- URL — set the address where to send a postback;
- Status — choose the conversion status to send a postback.
Read about that feature on page Integration.
Parameters are used in building campaign tracking link, filters, and report columns.
List of available parameters
- keyword - keyword or search phrase
- ad_campaign_id — ID of the advertising campaign
- creative_id — That might be Banner ID or Adset ID
- external_id — Some unique click ID from traffic source
- source - website or publisher ID from traffic source
- cost - cost of a click (Option “Cost AUTO” must be checked in campaign settings)
- currency - currency of value 'cost'
- sub_id_1..15 — additional parameters for generating reports;
After changing traffic source in campaign settings, all traffic source parameters replaced the current ones.
List of additional parameters
- currency - currency of value 'cost'
- charset - charset for value in parameter 'keyword'
- se_referrer - referrer of a search engine. Pass this parameter if you need to pull out the keyword from it;
- se - search engine name. If se_referrer is passed, then it is not necessary to pass it;
Global parameters aliases
You can specify aliases for all the campaigns in the Settings.
List of reserved parameters
You can't use or specify alias names with the following words:
How to use campaign in an advertising network
Add a traffic source, choose it in the campaign settings. Get campaign tracking link and use it for ad.
How to connect a campaign in a different way
Read at the page Integration.
How to update campaign costs?
You can find that feature in campaign menu “Update Costs”.
The costs sum is divided equally to the full amount of visitors. For example, if the cost is equal to 500$, and 1000 clicks, the cost is 0.5$ per click.
Why split testing feature separates traffic with more/less than I set in weight?
There are two reasons:
- It happens because of filters in the streams. A randomly chosen stream might not take the user because of the filters set to it. That is why the user goes to another stream.
- The random number generator is used at the moment when a stream is selected. It gives some error (+- 10%) when the number of visitors is small (up to 1000)
How can the campaign statistics be cleared up?
Choose “Clear data” in “Additional” menu on the Streams page.
How to test filters?
Choose “Traffic simulation” in the “Other” menu.
How to hide the source of the traffic from my affiliate network?
Read on page How to Hide Referrer.
How is the uniqueness of the user checked?
First, the presence of a label in cookies is checked. If there are no cookies, then the presence of a device record (the pair IP + UserAgent) is checked by the database. The uniqueness is checked separately for campaign, stream and for all streams at once.