How to choose server or hosting
We recommend using a dedicated server or VPS for Keitaro. It allows you to install Keitaro easily with all components that Keitaro needs. For more information about the single-click installation read page Single-click Installation.
On page Hosting for Keitaro you'll find the list of hosting providers we recommend.
- PHP 7.0 with PHP-FPM (required extensions are listed below)
For shared hostings:
- Nginx + PHP-FPM or Apache 2
- MySQL or MariaDB
- PHP 7.0, 5.6, 5.5, 5.4 (required extensions are listed below)
- IonCube Loader 5 or newer
Note: Simple way to check the compatibility is to use the script install.php.
In case server provides less that 1GB RAM, it's better to add swap on 1-2GB.
Load up to 50 000 visitors per day:
- 1CPU, 2GB RAM
Load 200 000 visitors per day:
- 2CPU, 2GB RAM (without Redis and PHP-FPM)
- 1CPU, 2GB RAM (Redis, PHP-FPM)
Load more than 200 000 visitors per day:
- 2CPU, 4GB RAM (Redis, PHP-FPM)
Load more than 500 000 visitors per day:
- 4CPU, 6GB RAM (Redis, PHP-FPM)
More than 1 million visitors:
- 8 CPU, 8GB RAM (Redis, PHP-FPM)
How much disk space does Keitaro TDS require?
2GB minimum for normal operation of the server. Then it will depend on how much statistics is necessary to store.
1 000 entries of detailing transition takes ~ 1 mb at MySQL. For example, you expect 200 000 visitors per day and detailing will be stored in the past month:
200 000 × 31 / 1 000 = ~6.2 GB
This calculation is very inaccurate, but it allows you to buy the necessary disk space in advance.
Is PHP 7 supported?
Yes, but only PHP 7.0. Because newer versions of PHP are not supported by Ioncube.